Thursday, January 24, 2013

9) The Interpreter's House

Then Christian began to gird up his loins, and to address himself to his journey. So the other told him, that by that he was gone some distance from the gate, he would come to the house of the Interpreter, at whose door he should knock, and he would show him excellent things. Then Christian took his leave of his friend, and he again bid him God speed.

Then he went on till he came at the house of the Interpreter, where he knocked over and over. At last one came to the door, and asked who was there. 



Christian: Sir, here is a traveler, who was bid by an acquaintance of the good man of this house to call here for my profit; I would therefore speak with the master of the house.


So he called for the master of the house, who, after a little time, came to Christian, and asked him what he would have.


Christian: Sir, said Christian, I am a man that am come from the city of Destruction, and am going to the Mount Zion; and I was told by the man that stands at the gate at the head of this way, that if I called here you would show me excellent things, such as would be helpful to me on my journey.

https://bunyansbook.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post_8879.html